Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

The Funeral Preacher

Hello Everyone!

Guess what...?  The BLOG is changing yet again!  I have decided NOT to do the devotional.  It's not what Ray's Ramblings was meant to be.  I am sticking with my original idea - to write about things I encounter in everyday life.

These are my "Ramblings"... not a devotional.  I am still trying to figure out this whole BLOGGING thing and where I fit.  Please be patient with me.  I will eventually get this.  It's frustrating having all this genius!  I struggle with finding the best method to communicate it.

When it's all said and done, I want people to laugh and say, "Yes, I can relate."  "I have experienced that - but never had the nerve to say it."  I hope that happens.  We'll see... 

"The Funeral Preacher"

   I am going to start a career in the funeral business.  I am going to be the "Funeral Preacher."  I have discovered a REAL need!

   I am going to hire myself out to the local funeral homes.  I will be the staff  "Funeral Preacher."  As part of the package the funeral home offers - they can now offer a new service, "Funeral Preacher."
The funeral home has been missing this all important piece for way too long.  They have thought of everything except the "Funeral Preacher."  They put the burden on the family to find their own funeral preacher.  Well, no more.  Families can rest at ease knowing they have the "Funeral Preacher."

   How many times does this happen?  The family has made all the arrangements - but they have no preacher.  They turn to the funeral director for help and he doesn't know what to say.  Now, he can say, we have a funeral preacher on staff.  He can sell it as part of the pre-need package.  What a relief!  This family is going to think this funeral home is awesome!  They are going to recommend them to all their friends.

   Just think about all the people who are out of church and have no pastor.  Boom!  They are now covered.  This is a very large segment of the population.  It seems to me, in this day and time, you would have an ever growing customer base.  People drop out of church every week.  But they still need a "Funeral Preacher."

   I even have the advertising slogan for the funeral homes... "No Preacher - No Problem, Now Offering The Funeral Preacher."  Catchy, don't ya think?

   Maybe the phone book people will add the category of "Funeral Preacher" in the yellow pages.  Anyone have any ideas for marketing "Funeral Preacher" on social media?  ( Susan?)

   They say "word of mouth" is the best advertising.  So, tell all your friends about the "Funeral Preacher."  I will also sing.  But that will cost extra.

Thanks and we'll talk more later,

Lanny Ray 

    
 

     



1 comment:

  1. Seriously, this IS a great idea! Oakey's will sell you, Sammy is known for excellence. It will work!!

    Do it.

    Aunt Cherry

    Ps. I'm available as a professional "mourner" at a really good price. I will dress in black and wear a veil if necessary. Rates available upon request...contact soon for best booking date.

    ReplyDelete