Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Inferiority Complex

Hello everyone;

   Sometimes I wonder, "what's left to write about?"  Maybe I have covered it all.  Maybe I have burned through all my charm and wit.  Who am I kidding with all these little "Rambles" anyway?  

   I am certainly not a writer.  Don't know the first thing about literary style and technique. What am I doing out here in cyber space posting on a blog?  Heck, I didn't even create this blog!  Someone else had to do it for me! 

   Yet, here I am... 

   To finish up July I have just a few thoughts on this topic:


"Inferiority Complex."

   Oh, yeah... I have this big time!  This is real stuff.  Major Inferiority Complex!  Consider the following:

   A persistent sense of inadequacy or a tendency to self-diminishment, sometimes resulting in excessive aggressiveness through overcompensation.   YES!  I have that!

   Psychiatry a disorder arising from the conflict between the desire to be noticed and the fear of being humiliated, characterized by aggressiveness or withdrawal into oneself.  YES!  HELLO!!

   That's me in a nutshell!

   Being social in a group setting is an absolute strain for a person with an Inferiority Complex.  Other people are just smarter.  They read more.  They have a better education.  They have been to more places.  They have experienced more.  They have better ideas.  They make more money.  Drive nicer cars.  Am I reaching anybody?

   Oh sure, if they want to talk some Andy Griffith... then I'm all over it.  But they rarely do...

   I read an article recently about people with Inferiority Complex-(es) and the author had this to say:
   "Create an invisible wall around you in order to protect the sanctity of your being."

   Oh, great!  Now I feel even more Inferior because I have no idea what that means.  All the author did was confuse me.  What does this mean?!  All I know is that for years I have been going around with the "Sanctity of my being" un-protected.  Little wonder I have such an Inferiority Complex.

   I took a Myers-Briggs assessment which rated me as an extreme introvert.  I was off the charts.  I was on the far right hand side of the graph.  The administrator suggested jobs which do not require dealing with the public.  She said I should avoid extended periods of public interaction.  She said I would need to set aside time everyday to be alone and re-charge.  She asked what I did and I told her and that I was also a preacher... she looked at me and said "HOW?"

   Oh, great!  I have an Inferiority Complex coupled with severe Introversion.  This is enough to send someone into Manic Depression.

   Yes, I have learned to mask it well.  Yes, I have learned to successfully manage.  People can only see the outside.  They can only see the suave, debonaire and sophisticated shell.  They cant see past the handsome, well dressed, articulate and humorous exterior.  And for that I am truly thankful!


Thanks and we'll talk more later,

Lanny Ray

  

  

  

     



 

1 comment:

  1. Heck, this is every Belcher I know...including me. It's show biz baby...H.C. could put on the dog then get out of his chair and go to bed with a house full of company. Secretly, I always admired that "don't give a hang" attitude but was embarrassed by it as well. Conflicted...a YES! We do what we do and we are who we are and it is what it is! Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete