Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Years Day... A Lame Holiday

Hello Everyone;

 This is a weird time of year for me. I'm still in the Christmas mode. I turned on Q99 hoping to hear some Christmas music... and nothing.  Christmas is gone.  Sure, we still have New Year - woopty doo!  It's a holiday.. well, sort of a lame holiday.

   The New Year holiday has a tough act to follow... Christmas.  If you were a holiday, would you want to come on after Christmas?  Think about it...

   First, most people I know ( including myself ) are broke after Christmas.  I mean busted. There is no money left to spend on New Year.  Christmas has drained our bank account.  Christmas is the one time of year most of us go big. We go all out.  We blow big bucks and say we'll worry about it after New Year.

   Second, New Year means we all want to be a better person.  We want to change all our sinful behavior.  New Year's Resolutions... we have all ate like little pigs during Christmas and a week later we are making resolutions to lose weight.  We have spent money like Rockefellers and a week later we are making resolutions to better manage our money. Splurge like crazy for Christmas and a week later reel it in for New Year... what kind of lame holiday is this?

   What do you do New Years Day anyway?  You don't exchange gifts.  You don't eat a big meal. You don't visit family.  You don't go shopping.  How do you celebrate this stupid holiday?  There is nothing to do.  It's just a long boring day.  Unless you like college football... It's a lame holiday.

   I can't seem to figure out this holiday.  Why do we celebrate it?  I somehow expect something to be different from the time I go to bed New Years Eve and wake up New Years morning.  But it never is.

  Then there is New Years Eve.  Cool people have plans on New Years Eve.  I never do.  I can't remember the last time we did anything on New Years Eve.  New Years Eve serves as a reminder that I have very few friends and really no social life.  Heck, I'm lucky if I even stay up to midnight!  It's sort of depressing!.  Other people are enjoying being together and having fun and I am sitting in my recliner watching Dick Clarks New Years Rocking Eve with Carson Daly.  Trying to get excited about watching a ball drop.  How pathetic is that?  It's a lame way to celebrate a lame holiday.

   I have one New Years Resolution.  This year I am not spending New Years Eve in front of the TV watching Carson Daly.  I refuse!  I plan to go bed early and sleep late.  I'm sleeping through it this year!  After all... it's a lame holiday.

Thanks and we'll talk more later.

Lanny Ray

  

    

  
  

1 comment:

  1. It's a new beginning...a new "free" calendar to open and mark up, and by the way, am I the only one who receives TEN FREE CALENDARS during the Christmas mail-season? If anyone needs a 2014 Calendar, please let me know before trash day on Friday. One thing never changes Lanny Ray, and that is how much I love you...HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete