Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Duck Dynasty

Good afternoon everyone;

   Last two posts we were talking about my brilliant ideas for employment.  Of the two ( Funeral Preacher and Appointment Security Services)  I am going with Funeral Preacher.  Be watching for my listing in the yellow pages.  Now, let's move on...

   I have noticed almost everywhere I go all people can talk about is "DUCK DYNASTY."  This show is  the hottest thing to come along in a while.  So, here is my take on Duck Dynasty.  I hope you enjoy!


"Duck Dynasty"

   If  I am a program executive at NBC, CBS, ABC, or FOX - I have got to be scratching my head about now.  I would have to be thinking, "REALLY"?

   My first reaction to the show was total confusion!  I didn't understand it.  I tried to find a plot and understand the story line.  I tried to figure out what the underlying message was.  I looked for characters to identify with and relate to.  I felt frustrated thinking I missed what the writers were trying to convey.  I wanted to understand it.  Was this a comedy, a drama, a true story based on actual events??  I just didn't get it.

   My second reaction was this is total stupid!  Who are these people?  How did THEY get on TV?  What idiots thought this would make good entertainment?  I had questions... Why are people interested in a bunch of Louisiana, back woods red-necks who don't shave?  Who smell?  Who will eat just about anything?  Who make duck calls?  I thought this is STUPID!   I can't believe I am actually watching this.  I am a very busy person.  I have important things to attend to.  And here I am watching a bunch of ZZ TOP look-alikes make duck calls.  I must be crazy!

   My third reaction was this is total hilarity!  HILARIOUS!  I am laughing out loud at this show.  The more I watch, the more I am liking it.  Before I know it... I am making plans to watch it!  We are hurrying home from church on Wednesday night to catch it.  My son is recording the episodes.  Listen, I am watching re-runs of the show and laughing like it's the first time I have ever seen it!  Not only am I watching it all the time... I am going around saying "JACK."  I have picked up SI ROBERTSON's catch phrase.  What's next... a long beard and a bandana?  Heaven help me!

   If you haven't watched this show... listen to me, watch it!  Don't try and figure it out.  Turn your brain off. 
Just enjoy 30 minutes of side splitting, mind numbing, red-neck, hilarity.  You will laugh, I promise.  " Hey, I'm talkin' 'bout laughin' JACK!  

Thanks and we'll talk more later.

Lanny Ray

  


1 comment:

  1. Phil's grace over the evening meal is my favorite part. I, like you, didn't get it the first time I stumbled upon it...but Steve was at work until 10PM and I was bored to death with facebook, so there I sat, gazing at the crazies. I thought, "Why am I watching this? I grew up with Duck Dynasty mentality and have tried my best to distance myself from this humor". But then Phil prayed and I saw a sincere heart talking to God with thanksgiving and honesty about his family, his food, and his concerns...I could relate in a brand new way. And I felt proud! Proud to live in the same country with these gun shootin', pingpong playing, lizard tracking fellow Americans. First time in more than four years I've felt this way. Love you...Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete